Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week #6: Web 2.0 Voice and video tools, podcasting

Within the vast world of Web 2.0 tools we can find audio and video tools. These tools are very useful when teaching a second language since they can improve the way we share information with our students.

A very popular tool used nowadays is podcast. A podcast is a series of digital media files (either audio or video) that are released episodically and downloaded through web syndication (Wikipedia, 2009). During this week, we learned how to create podcasts using Audacity, a digital audio editor and recording application. Once recorded, we used a Podcast social subscribing site Podbean to publish our podcasts. It was a very interesting experience and I really enjoyed it. I would like to begin using this tool with my students and as soon as I do, I will share my comments with you.

This is the first podcast I created. Listen to it and leave your comments about it












Powered by Podbean.com


Our professor also told us to use another audio voice tool called Snapvine to create our own voice messages to connect with online friends and communities too. I leave you here my first Snapvine message


Comment | Copy This

No comments:

Post a Comment